Career Level Mid Career
Experience 5 Years
Industry Teaching and Academics
Academic Level Degree Bachelor Diploma
– Job duties include preparing budgets, developing academic programs, establishing performance goals and objectives for the school and for teachers and keeping records.
– A school supervisor may also monitor students’ progress, keep teachers trained and motivated, formulate mission statements, visit classrooms to evaluate teaching methods and provide performance standards for teachers and other employees.
– They prepare reports on student attendance and performance.
– School supervisors or principals are also responsible for making sure the school adheres to local, state and federal education standards.
– Often this includes overseeing annual or semi-annual testing as well as preparing reports on students’ performances and initiating test preparation for students and teachers.
– Supervisors are also responsible for disciplining students.