Career Level Head of Department
Experience 18 Years
Academic Level Professional Degrees Engineering
- Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications network circuits and equipment.
- Plans network installations by studying customer orders, plans, manuals, and technical specifications; ordering and gathering equipment, supplies, materials, and tools; assessing installation site; and preparing an installation diagram.
- Establishes voice and data networks by running, pulling, terminating, and splicing cables; installing telecommunications equipment, routers, switches, multiplexors, cable trays, and alarm and fire-suppression systems; building ironwork and ladder racks; establishing connections; programming features; establishing connections and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools; and coordinating with contractors.
- Verifies service by testing circuits, equipment, and alarms; and identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables and recording configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures, and updating documentation.